Meet this week’s top Realism Today Ambassador, Paco Savino:
My name is Paco Savino, I am an Italian self-taught artist born in 1998 and a resident in Sesto San Giovanni (Milan). I started in 2017 as a tattoo artist. My work ranges across multiple fields such as:
- Painting, with any material but I prefer acrylics and especially oils on canvases assembled by me, or wooden panels sometimes cut by me (always with mechanical materials), with themes that often embrace the esoteric and the social.
- Sculpture. I prefer to start with materials such as clay and then make molds and give life to hyper-realistic silicone sculptures (with resin eyes and often even teeth, hair, and clothes that I’ve sewn and colored).
- Writing. I have designed, written, and illustrated, and self-published several books and booklets, including short rhyming and color-illustrated stories for children, and short stories in an esoteric and social key.
- Jewels (sometimes talismans), where the cooking temperature of the metals allows it with rudimentary equipment, made using lost wax casting.
- Animation, carried out either with the most ancient of techniques, that is, I draw the slides on paper movement after movement, or the one I prefer is stop-motion which involves the creation of the scenario, puppets, lights, montages, voices, and sounds, animating subjects frame by frame, etc. which I am personally developing to animate my “Mortdì” story.
Most of my works, including a short preview of my animations, are featured on my Instagram page, @pac2ink.
Become a Realism Today Ambassador for the chance to see your work featured in our newsletter, on our social media, and on this site.