“I wanted to demonstrate the contrasting textures in this Valentine-themed painting,” said Shelley Prior. “The crumpled, shiny foil wrapper versus the smooth chocolate heart give very different highlights and shadows and require different use of hard and soft edges.”
See more from the artist:
- Shelley Prior’s website
- Shelley Prior’s Instagram
- “Pet Portraits in Watercolor” workshop with Shelley Prior
- Visit PaintTube.tv to learn how to paint portraits and figures in the style of contemporary realism, and much more.
- Join us for the next annual Realism Live virtual art conference and study with the world’s best realism artists.
- Become a Realism Today Ambassador for the chance to see your work featured in our newsletter, on our social media, and on this site.